OTTAWA, Kan. - The Bethel women's tennis team clinched a 2nd place KCAC finish on Tuesday afternoon, as they defeated the Ottawa University Braves by a score of 9-0. The win also qualified the Thresher's for the semi-finals of the KCAC postseason tournament, taking place this Saturday in Wichita, Kansas. With the win the Thresher's move to 9-3 on the season, and 6-1 in KCAC play.
The Thresher's were in control throughout taking all 3 doubles matches and all 6 singles matches on the day.
Up next for the Thresher's is the KCAC semi-final rematch against Ottawa University Saturday, April 26th, at Genesis East in Wichita, Kansas. First serve is scheduled for 9:00 a.m
Bethel College 9, Ottawa University 0
1. Bree Honer (BC) def. Jennifer Luedtke (OU) 5-7, 6-1, 6-1
2. Steph Shogren (SR/Hesston, Kan.) (BC) def. Madeline Bellew (OU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Allie Hipp (JR/Claflin, Kan.) (BC) def. Kimisha Peterson (OU) 6-2, 6-0
4. Madelyn Weaver (JR/Hesston, Kan.) (BC) def. Ellen Agnew (OU) 6-1, 6-1
5. Ashley Suhr (JR/Valley Center, Kan.) (BC) def. Danika Good (OU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Alyssa Scheuerman (JR/Scott City, Kan.) (BC) def. Bekka Bailey (OU) 8-2
1. Honer/S.. Shogren (BC) def. Luedtke/Bellew (OU) 8-5
2. Weaver/Hipp (BC) def. Peterson/Good (OU) 8-5
3. Scheuermann/R. Shogren (BC) def. Bailey/Agnew (OU) 8-2