LINDSBORG, Kan. –The Bethel women's tennis team was dominant from the get go Saturday morning, as they defeated the Bethany Swedes by a score of 9-0. With the win, the Thresher's move to 8-3 on the season, and 5-1 in KCAC play. The win Saturday, guaranteed the Thresher's at least a top 3-conference finish, and a semi-final birth at the conference tournament, next Saturday.
The Thresher's dominated from the get go taking all 3 doubles matches, and all 6 of the singles matches all in straight sets, which secured the Thresher's a 9-0 victory.
Up next for the Thresher's is a match against conference foe, Ottawa University. The match is Monday, April 21st at Ottawa, Kansas. First serve is scheduled for 1:00p.m.
Bethel College 9, Bethany College 0
1. Bree Honer (BC) def. Kara Agamite (Btny) 6-1, 6-0
2. Steph Shogren (SR/Hesston, Kan.) (BC) def. Juliana Bezerra (Btny) 6-2, 6-1
3. Allie Hipp (JR/Claflin, Kan.) (BC) def. Mackenzi Choitz (Btny) 6-1, 6-0
4. Madelyn Weaver (JR/Hesston, Kan.) (BC) def. Kittey Edwards (Btny) 6-1, 6-3
5. Ashley Suhr (JR/Valley Center, Kan.) (BC) def. Amelia Farbizius (Btny) 6-3, 6-1
6. Alyssa Scheuerman (JR/Scott City, Kan.) (BC) def. Michelle Rambo (Btny) 6-3, 6-1
1. Honer/S. Shogren (BC) def. Agamaite/Bezerra (Btny) 8-2
2. Hipp/Weaver (BC) def. Edwards/Rambo (Btny) 8-2
3. R. Shogren/Scheurman (BC) def. Fabrizius/Chotiz (Btny) 8-2